View Single Post
The USB port on my N900 has finally died (totally broken,not just loose or comming off the PCB). My N900 is also wearing out in other ways (including cellular modem giving "no sim" error more and more) and its just not viable for me here in Brisbane, Australia to get all the problems fixed. Plus with 3G on my carrier going away sooner rather than later I would rather have something with 4G for future proofing.

Its time to replace it and I want advice on what I should replace it with.
The Pinephone isn't shipping for who knows how long (they say "January 2021" but with all that's going on in the world, I don't trust shipping estimates that far out) plus they say its for people who are developers/early adopters and not just people who want something for everyday use.

The Librem5 isn't shipping right now either (no sign of an ETA when I would get one if I ordered now) and the Fairphone is EU only right now.

The Droid 4 doesn't seem like its easy to obtain (here in Australia at least) plus I can't find any info on if it will even support the frequencies I need for my choice of carrier.

Buying a used N900 is an option but its not future proof (no 4G, lack of modern browser and so on) and its hard to find used N900s in Australia.

Can anyone suggest what might be a viable replacement that's actually available in Australia?

Note that for all sorts of reasons I don't want to go into here, buying something on eBay is not an option for me (Amazon and other marketplaces are fine, just not eBay)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonwil For This Useful Post: