View Single Post
Posts: 1,703 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I sent it to forum member trzyzet who has been doing it. He started a thread here about fixing them. He took a quite big workload when he promised to fix my N900s. About 40 I think. I still need about 20 backcovers, keypads and keypadframes. Then there are some which boot and I can use them but can't change the code because I do not know how to reset the lockcode. That part I could give to someone else to do. I think there is under 10 N900 like that. But I believe in the end I may have 35 fully working N900s to share with community.

I would love to be able to bring more developers to the community with them to make Maemo great again, sorry, the greatest again. Maemo Leste - the greatest linux opensource mobile Os in the world! They could even be a reward if people make working and good apps and neccessary apps for N900. Like an app developing competition once in two or three months and users will vote which app will win and also give feed back of the apps in competition so developers can tweak them and try next month again. Would that sound a good idea or something similar?

I think I need to keep myself few because I broke like 5 N900s in 2 years: one soaked in water, one fixed by baking but ripped the camera in parts while disassembling, one baked in 200 celsius instead of 100 (not a good odour), one cellular stopped working because pressed the keys too hard while playing Psycho Pinball with it. So I need to get them away from me.

I paid 150€ for those 50. It was a big job to go through what they got inside and remove personal info and to check if there would be awesome developer stuff in them. I am not after making profit with them. I have been offering them for 15€ for members in need or parts, but I am (have been) very slow in sending the parts. Hoping to become faster in that.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: