View Single Post
Originally Posted by olf View Post
Dear @levone1, @rinigus already has been pointed to this issue by an @-mention in mount-sdcard's issue #41 (pointing directly to the corresponding issue, instead mount-sdcard in general).

But as neither you or I have something specific to ask or suggest yet, I think it is a bit premature to push for a reaction (to what question?).
And IMO this is the wrong place (again; as FSO is)!
From my experience and perspective it is solely getting on ones nerves, when people try to make their issues known in as many places as possible quickly.

And IMO, that you seem to have wrecked your SFOS installation somehow ultimately falls back on you: While mount-sdcard makes all these system partitions user accessible, it does not alter them. If you destroyed your SFOS installation leveraging mount-sdcard, you must have performed additional steps to write on them.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I didn't post here looking for or demanding any explanation or answer to anything. I had asked rinigus about it before I knew what was happening, and I just thought he might be interested in seeing our interaction about it - I didn't know you already let him know. I didn't think I was trying tomake anything known in as many places as possible, or trying to put blame on anyone for anything. I'm just interested in these things, so trying ro make efforts to contribute. Also not sure whay Sailfish installation you think I destroyed. I've been using Sailfish for ay least a few years on 5 or 6 devices, and I'm constantly experimenting, modding, flashing and re-flashing, so I have no expectations or demands from anyone, and no blame to give. My current installation is just fine, and I haven't communicated anything negative about anything I've done or anyone else has done. Just trying to help...
I appreciate your work and input. I'm happy to keep the discussion on Github.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post: