View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by spoofykid View Post
In case it's useful to anyone:

I install the desktop via the Containers GUI, run 'setup xsession' within the GUI, attach the container within the GUI, open a new terminal window, because it's root I run su defaultuser or if your user is nano su nano to get out of root, I run /usr/bin/qxdisplay --wayland-socket-name "../../display/wayland-container-0" from that window, minimise that and the "waiting for xwayland' windows, in the terminal window with the attached container run /mnt/guest/start_desktop.sh 0, and then finally minimise it and change to the "waiting for xwayland" window which should have the desktop running.

Obviously this has all been documented, but the big one for me was exiting root using su defaultuser before running the wayland code.
I think you meant "nemo" instead of "nano".

Good to know the container setup and Xsession setup still work from the GUI, I misunderstood from tests with Mosen that they didn't. That means the only issue might be starting X from the GUI, which for the time being can be worked around from CLI. There's something weird though because it still works for me on SFOS 3.3 ported to the Pro1.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: