View Single Post
Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
@edp17 (or anyone) Wondering if you could help with something -

Since recent SF versions, gui for Containers hasn't functioned the same as before, and need to use terminal to open Linux desktop. I have figured out how to do that, but now there is one difference - certain applications don't open in the same screen, when launched from the Linux desktop, but instead, a new Sailfish app window opens with the Linux app, (I guess it's a new Wayland window, or?). This would be fine with me, except for 1) there's no keyboard, and I can't figure out how to get one to open with the app, and 2) the new window gets automatically closed as soon as another app is brought to the foreground, (it will stay open when minimized to card view, but closes if a different card is selected).

Anyone have any ideas why certain (not all) apps aee opening this way, and how to get them to open in the cureent window instead?

The only hint I can get from termonal output is a message about "...wayland not providing any supported shell interface".

Thanks
On my Galaxy Note4 port the Container app never worked. I always use the terminal and the scripts I created (attached to the main post). I currently use SFOS4.1 on my Note4. I'll take a look how the debian works on it and let you know. Will think about your issue too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post: