View Single Post
Originally Posted by edp17 View Post
Hm, on my treltexx, it opens up the apps within the desktop screen. I use sfos4.1 on there. Could it be the reason?
How do you start the desktop distro, using multiple Fingerterm sessions and command line, or with one script from Shellex/command line, or with an icon on your desktop? (I've used to use Shellex, but then created an icon in sfos for it.)
- open Containers app
- start container, (works), tap "start xsession", (doesn't open window, but something happens - it won't work if I don't do it), then tap "attach", (works, and terminal opens with shell)
- in shell, enter some of the commands from 'start_desktop' script, (e.g. "export $(dbus-launch)", "export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR", etc), finishing with "su user -c startx".

Then window opens with debian desktop. All functions normally, except that some user-installed apps open in a separate window, and won't stay open if a different window is opened.

One thing I discovered is that all of the commands from start_desktop script run successfully when entered individually, except for export $(dbuslaunch). That one gives error about how xdg runtime is owned by uid 100000. The only way I can get it to work is to mkdir /run/user/1001, then set 1001 as runtime dir.

I did try to chown on xdg runtime dir, and then dbus launch command worked without error, but startx fails with "cannot open display server refused..."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post: