View Single Post
Originally Posted by levone1 View Post
- open Containers app
- start container, (works), tap "start xsession", (doesn't open window, but something happens - it won't work if I don't do it), then tap "attach", (works, and terminal opens with shell)
- in shell, enter some of the commands from 'start_desktop' script, (e.g. "export $(dbus-launch)", "export XDG_RUNTIME_DIR", etc), finishing with "su user -c startx".

Then window opens with debian desktop. All functions normally, except that some user-installed apps open in a separate window, and won't stay open if a different window is opened.

One thing I discovered is that all of the commands from start_desktop script run successfully when entered individually, except for export $(dbuslaunch). That one gives error about how xdg runtime is owned by uid 100000. The only way I can get it to work is to mkdir /run/user/1001, then set 1001 as runtime dir.

I did try to chown on xdg runtime dir, and then dbus launch command worked without error, but startx fails with "cannot open display server refused..."
Unfortunately, the app never worked well on that device. I only used the command line for all. Have you tried to start the container and the desktop distro from the command line? What is the default user on the host SFOS (nemo or defaultuser)?
Try to use one of the scripts I uploaded to the main page (e.g debian-mouse.sh) and see what happens.

Last edited by edp17; 2021-11-03 at 16:02.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edp17 For This Useful Post: