View Single Post
Originally Posted by ric9K View Post
Yeah, laziness...
In fact, Serach Nemo is great and well configurable.
You were right @nonsuch, thanks, it does the job!

One has to think a bit differently than in Scout but it's even greater and wider effective on the user's directory.
Without any settings, it just searches everything, and then you can't find the needle in the haystack of your search results, but creating specific search profiles is easy and you can narrow it down sufficiently to be extremely useful.

Originally Posted by ric9K View Post
But is SFos going to last?
Ever since I started using it almost 2 years ago, updates have been coming in regularly. Every now and then an app from Openrepos stops working after an SFOS update, but is soon fixed.
Otherwise, the updates went smoothly.

I've had more problems with LineageOS than I ever had with SailfishOS.

So yes, I definitely think it's going to last.

I read quiet a number of unsatisfied users reporting a lot of bugs in an atmosphere which is not...like here.
If you use F(L)OSS a lot, this happens all the time. It can have several reasons:
  • First of all, it ususally isn't a bug in the sense that something is broken in the code. Often things just don't work as desired, or the user started poking around and is surprised that things break, or it's a 3rd party problem.
  • Helpdesk mentality. People think they just need to shout and demand that problems be fixed, and not try to (help) fix them themselves.
  • Some FOSS/Linux zealots think that by loudly criticizing every tiny bit that "keeps the OS from being adapted by more users" they are somehow helping the cause...
It usually takes a bit of interaction, reading beyond the headline, and reading the first few replies to debunk 90% of such loud complaints.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post: