View Single Post
Originally Posted by qoh View Post
I followed the instructions yesterday and now I found that AlienDalvik doesn't come up any more on my XA2.

It says "cannot start" in the Android App Support settings page. I can hit "Start", then it will say "started", but when I try to open an Android application it says again on the top of the screen that it's starting the app support.

EDIT: Not sure how exactly, but after uninstalling both, AlienDalvik and "Containers" and rebooting, the app support was back - even though I hadn't installed it again at that point. Files like /opt/alien were still around though.
I do wonder how the AD support came back after reboot when that package was removed.
Containers can have an impact on the Android Support as both uses LXC containers. Although, unlikely that installing a Linux desktop distro into an LXC container would ruin Android Support because they are independent containers. Please let us know what packages you had installed and how did you installed/configured the desktop distro (step by step) Also, some logs also can be useful to see what's happening under the hood.