View Single Post
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Hello!

I'm the upstream author of gPodder for the Desktop (gpodder.org). Mika Leppinen did a great job in early 2007 with porting the then-recent 0.8 release of gPodder to Maemo.

Since then, many improvements have been made in the original (upstream) gPodder. I've now tried to re-port the original upstream version of gPodder to the Maemo platform. It is just a quick hack, but it basically works and even the tray icon feature works

Please give some feedback and tell me if this is of any use to somebody and if you would like to see this port be moved forward or if you would not use it for whatever reason. The UI surely has to be modified a bit more (and stripped-down probably), but with the package below you get the idea how it would look and act like.

You can enter a new RSS URL in the top left field in the "podcasts" tab" and click on the "+" button to add it to your list.

The repository and single-click install file have their own URL now. You can go to http://maemo.gpodder.org/ to download the latest gPodder version (you might have to remove a manually-installed gPodder first). After you installed gPodder from this repository, you can update it via the application manager.

Feedback _very_ welcome!

Some screenshots (well, photos..) follow:

List of episodes currently downloading:

The application's main menu:

A normal main screen situation (podcasts on the left, episodes on the right):

Download progress is shown in the tray icon, if the tray icon is enabled in the preferences:

Last edited by thp; 2008-04-22 at 20:04.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post: