View Single Post
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by cashless View Post
This was the single worst thing I've done to my NIT so far.
After an extremely long install of about 20 minutes, the unit spontaneously rebooted and I got the bootmenu (like always). I booted from flash and I got a reverted desktop (back to before I clone my OS to SD earlier this year). I opened the file manager, looked at my 4gb MMC2 card and there was only 65mb available with no files on the card. Wonderful.

I supposed that I'm going to have reflash and lose months of work that I spent fine-tuning.

The log in app-manager, shows some error from an apt-get from back when I installed the Vagalume client (which would have been many months ago).

Sorry man, did you read the first post? Seriously I dont mean to shrug off the blame, but I said very clearly this may hose your system. It says testing.

Also you said "I got the bootmenu (like always)"

Was bootmenu already installed? Were you booted to flash when you installed it? What was on the SD card to begin with. It was supposed to wipe out the SD card, was that unclear to you?

Did it corrupt your flash install?
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post: