View Single Post
Originally Posted by qole View Post
(substitute "iceweasel" for "firefox" of course! This is Debian, not Ubuntu )
Yeah.. noticed that last night when I ran it ... Fixed in original post .. thanks qole.

Also, since the reload.. Gnome looks nearly the same.. seems to be a few differences in the task bar area and of course a lot of the software isn't there (which was sort of the point).. but it's running great.. pretty nifty to see a "heavy" desktop run fairly well on the tablets... I kinda went overkill on my Swap though.. 600mb Swap with the 128mb internal memory. I'd say this isn't much slower than XFCE, speedwise, but definitely not as quick as IceWM.

Total for my system is 1.8GB on the card... including Xchat, Pidgin, Kazehakase, mpd, gmpc, and a few other apps. Not too bad - but seems to be equivalent to the "gnome-desktop-environment".. maybe a little smaller.

Edit: OK.. to install "Gnome-Desktop-Environment" over my current setup would take an additional 98 packages @ 364MB of additional space on the drive. So I guess it is a bit smaller.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2008-08-05 at 14:38.