View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Works fine, nice and snappy (in my chroot partition, probably not so fast from the image file), does tap-and-hold right-click, and very gnome-looking

All I needed to do was make a new copy of /usr/share/applications/hildon/debwm.desktop (I called it gnome.desktop), change the appropriate lines in my new file, and, in my chroot, copy xpice to xpgnome, then change IceWM to Gnome and icewm-session to gnome-session, and it just worked.

I had to hack hal to get it to install (put "exit 0" as the first line of /var/lib/dpkg/info/hal.preinst and /var/lib/dpkg/info/hal.postinst then run "apt-get -f install" to finish getting everything installed), and there was some sort of error about a daemon not being started when I first ran gnome-session, but it started up and seemed to be fine after that.

My biggest complaint so far is that all the settings dialogs are huge, they go way off the bottom of the screen, and I can't move the window up past the top of the screen to read the bottom of the dialog!

Last edited by qole; 2008-08-06 at 06:59.