View Single Post
Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
I agree modifying sudoers could work too, but you also have the sudo gainroot hack in initfs_flash which is why I decided on this solution
Yes, it is not that important. The hack is there because most people who can unpack tgz have sudo gainroot working. For deb such additional dependency on easyroot just because of this hack is not needed.

think ext2.img file systems on fat fs MMC including optional features. Think LINUXRC="/dropbear/dropbear.linuxrc" that starts it up by mounting /dropbear/dropbear.img on the fat system and starting the dropbear file inside it..
I was more thinking about modularity at install time - flasher can discover installed extensions (where core bootmenu that patches Nokia linuxrc is one of them) and can call into them when creating jffs2 image to have custom jffs2 with selected tools. At runtime it adds complexity. Still for bigger things this may be possible too but you can as well consider such custom image as full rootfs and boot into it so I was more thinking about smaller things that can fit into initfs directly.

My intent has been all along as it to be patches for your bootmenu - I have no interest in maintaining bootmenu software - so I'm all ears on how to change things to improve upon your bootmenu and maybe include in the more "official" distribution
Great :-) So what we need is
-place to share code and ideas, there is http://bootmenu.garage.maemo.org/ with svn, task tracker etc
- implement code to build the deb (or .tgz)
- improve code for the flasher and extensions
- improve code that runs in initfs

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.