View Single Post
OK, well I'll confirm that messing with some of these settings do seem to give a slight speed boost.. But I am unfamiliar with Enlightenment and there are tons of configuration settings and modules and all kinds of stuff one could change/remove/disable/whatever.

Someone who wants e17 should install it and try and come up with "the perfect" tablet configuration and come tell us how to do it.. because Im flying blind here and without a benchmark tool or any real way to do legitimate testing it's a bit of a waste for me.. I don't particularly like the interface. (I still prefer the 'plainness' of the older desktops).

But anyway... In theory one could make this probably as fast, or faster, than Gnome... which makes it a viable alternative for a WM. (As for the benefit of e17 over e16.. no idea)

ETA: And as has already been said it's really quite impressive all the stuff you can turn ON in enlightenment on this tablet.. and that's not really tooting Nokia's horn so much as tooting the horn of the Enlightenment devel team.. the fact that they have produced a WM that could compete with today's "3d fancy" oogly eyed crap like KDE4/Vista/OSX on hardware that you are likely to find in random joe's neighborhood dumpster is extremely impressive.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2008-08-27 at 01:13.

The Following User Says Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post: