View Single Post
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Or we make our own "mpd" and increment the version number so that apt prefers our mpd deb over the correct one. (this might be more seamless and help with other apps that 'depend' on mpd)
Yes, I would much prefer to do that, epoching the version number would work. I also want to add in the processor vfp optmisations so rebuilding from source + with the debian packaging diff would do it for me.

Originally Posted by fatalsaint View Post
Mplayer you have to pass -ao esd and some form of video flag.. and it'll play but extremely choppy... I imagine the maemo mplayer was built somehow lighter-weight than the regular debian mplayer?? much like the Maemo ESD files???
Indeed, it's heavily optmised for the tablet, processor opts etc and the default video output is the omap framebuffer straight. I want to recompile the maemo version.

The esd differentiates in the fact it can actually use the dsp, unfortunately the dsp headers are not open so the only way is to use maemo's one.