View Single Post
0.30 is at rc6 and I will be moving it to an official release shortly.

However I've refactored the code and the shared memory stuff worked so well I also wrote an OBD2 version that works with elm-327 compatible devices (I use obdpros).
For the bleeding edgers, the links are up at http://www.zdez.org but it is a beta. Minigpsd should function the same, but you will need to manually start miniobd2d (the OBD settings are from the minigpsd setup programs - uncheck Harley), and the obdecode program (xterm - prints out status when any parameter changes)

Minigpsd has a new annotation UDP port. Send any text to port 32347 and it will be added as an XML comment in the KML file. It truncates the line at the first control character, but you can send multiple lines. I don't protect for double-dash (if "--" appears in the text) which will confuse Google Earth.

Miniobd2d will write the PID returns to this port so they will be logged in the KML.

Major TODOs:

0. Start up miniobd2d when minigpsd starts, alternately add to the setup program.

1. Scheduler - so mobd2d will do rpm, speed, etc. more often than coolant temperature, user settable.

2. Startup/connect robustness (sometimes the connection doesn't respond or is slow causing problems). Also figure out if I have to add special things for special vehicles.

3. Python dashboard - something simple but fast showing all the gauge information. I have something simple for my Harley.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tz1 For This Useful Post: