View Single Post
Posts: 334 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Italy
Originally Posted by meizirkki View Post
Here we have a next PhoneOS for netbook manufacturers..

(really, android for netbooks.. how about symbian? please, it's not april 1st anymore..)
lol, could care less about manufacters and sure I m not thinking about functionality... probably is something more about a technological version of 'alpha male wannabe' need, proof of concept, unexplorated fields of possibilities.
When I have a completely different opinion about something it usually mean there is at least 1 completely different point of view I can't see

@XTC
c'mon all Symbian fanatics.
well, I don't even own a Nokia cellphone and I know nearly nothing about symbian. I just barely touched it when I had to configure and install a Kurzweil's text-to-speech synthesis for a blind friend and I loved the idea to have a 'device' (family/philosophy/os) so 'open' and flexible to be able to be adapted for such a peculiar and particular niche (and this was some years ago).
By my side is just all about knowdledge and having the opportunities to touch by hand, developing, hack another toy (and reading around how much Nokia payed for symbian, an expansive toy ) just fit my needs.
I guess is the same for Android, watching how a company like Google build from scratch and entire os and understand better why some choices and why not other have, I repeat to me, great appeal.
My initial tought was that porting symbian on the tablets would be pretty easy and cheap for Nokia and seemd fit with the edgy personality of the series.
I think the sentence:
The fancies of the wildest and most pragmatic imaginations are most likely to be limited not by technical limitations, but by business realities.
from the that same Symbian explain a bit more my point of view.

Peace and love, peace and love

Flip Alarm Clock - 3DMania Theme - Synesthesia - Deluxepain
http://ciroip.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/ciroippolito