View Single Post
Posts: 631 | Thanked: 837 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Milton, Ontario, Canada
lardman: the module you're thinking of is the DUMMY connection, and should have been automatically activated by the ethernet scripts.

Scaler: Well I'd be willing to try and help you troubleshoot it a bit to see if it can be made to work, but if you've pretty much given up on it then there's not a lot I can do. (I can borrow my bro's old 770, but I'd have to put 2008HE on it, rig up all the USB cables/buy them, etc and since I'm already quite happy with my two N800s and am looking forward to the next tablet I'm a little hesitant to do all that as I don't really see the advantage to breathing any more life into that 770... it served well for many years, but at this point it's pretty much ready to retire).

The only thing I can suggest if you are looking to try again would be to try running the usbEthUp.sh script manually and look at the output to see if it gives you any errors; it's possible that it's not being run because of a difference in the way UDEV is handled/detects devices on the HE vs regular 2008; in any case it could give you an indication of what's not working right, but again I can't be 100% sure.

Thanks!