View Single Post
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by sarahn View Post
He forgot the rabid open source community as a market :P With openmoko appearing to be a no-starter, I suspect the n900 may compare quite favorably with many android devices.
Yes, and many other aspects weren't covered. Like GPS, camera, and accelerometer...

I guess videos are way better serving as review than written text. Maemo needs support to upload to Youtube. Hopefully that isn't too kinky for mr. Orlowski

Originally Posted by sevla View Post
I find capacitive touch screen typing in landscape mode with auto correct to be light years better then full qwerty keys.. It's just easier to lightly tap the screen instead of physically pressing buttons.

Maybe it's just me.
Which capacitive touch screen are you referring to?

Both text input methods take time to get used to; learning curve.

When I write something I sometimes want to read or see what I'm replying to during writing. Full focus allows better focus and less distraction but has also its disadvantages.

Same for virtual keyboard. A virtual keyboard takes away a considerable part of the screen. Especially in landscape mode this is irritating me. while in portrait mode I make too many mistakes on input keys (experience comes from iPod touch).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post: