Thread: Step 4
View Single Post
Posts: 87 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Beijing
Honestly the whole launch of the n900 was slightly disappointing from a marketing perspective. Either they didn't want it to get too much attention, wanting to save it for the 5th generation, but that's failed because it's getting a lot of press and interest, or they were looking for just that, in which case they presented it in a less than optimal way.

I'm toying with the idea of doing a small open-marketing campaign if there's support in the community. Basically we'll work together in an open way to do some underground marketing, although I suspect Nokia would have some things to say on the matter, does anyone know if we're allowed to do things like this?

The basics of it, as I see it:
It should create awareness about maemo, which will hopefully lead to more developers coming in, better sales of the device etc. it should be easy to execute, because we all have other things to do as well, and it should be free. My ideas that fit his description so far are pretty much limited to having a bunch of people opening their windows and hollering out "Maemo on Nokia" as loud as they can two days prior to the device launching. But here comes the beauty of open source, we'll have many people contributing ideas and helping to make it work.

That post was a lot longer han I intended, sorry about that. Anyways, to get back on topic, I think it was a bit of a mistake the way they presented the n900 but they might have had their reasons.

PS: if anyone has any thoughts or knowledge regarding an open-marketing thing please feel free to enlighten me

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freppas For This Useful Post: