View Single Post
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
Originally Posted by HangLoose View Post
It bothers me knowing that I spent that much money (nearly 650 € in total cos I bought a 16gb card) and cant even update my phone with a future release.

Even though I complain much about Apple, they always update their mobile OS version. They do not have the same range of devices as Nokia of course, but this is not a valid excuse...

I hope Nokia thinks about this.
well, i think you have to look at this a bit differently... iPhone is just one platform/one OS, on its own...whereas with Nokia phones you have several (s40, s60, s60 3rd, s60 5th, maemo) which are different from each other. Now, what Apple does/did, is update the OS, which in the core was nothing more then a big firmware update. Nokia does firmware updates for their products quite often. What they though don't do, is a OS upgrade (which anyway can't be done). I mean, you can't make a S40 phone become a S60 device by upgrading the OS, its about hardware and the market as well -> range of devices by Nokia. It's easy as that, like if you wanted to upgrade the OS of a N70 to the OS of a N97, you can't. If you could upgrade any phone to any OS version, there would only 10 major brands with only 1 phone from each ;-)