View Single Post
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
In exchange for enjoying what the media companies have deemed you worthy of being allowed to sample (via ball and chain) you must give up freedom and control over your device.

DRM is a tradeoff that always leaves the end-user less free. I hardly see how that is even "okayish" much less remotely acceptable.
Its either being able to watch DRM video having the freedom to watch online over Internet e.g. Olympics or football championships. IOC and UEFA demand the DRM.

Or, having to rebroadcast it myself while I don't have upload capacity on my home connection).

Or, DVB-T/DVB-H, but don't think works on N900.

Or, not being able to watch it mobile.

Where is your choice now?

I'll take the freedom of choice to enable or disable DRM then. And, its great that it can be reenabled and redisabled in future point.

Plus, you'd not want some employees being able to fiddle with the device, given how incredibly dumb they are with technology. Lets be able to protect your business interests because 3G 24/7 connectivity opens a can of worms.

@qgil are there plans to port over Fluendo codecs to Maemo, or Moonlight to Maemo?