View Single Post
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Hungary
Hello, I am really interested in the new Nokia N900 and I might even buy it, if there would be an application that you can make music with.

I have seen some apps, but they were more like toys. I use FL Studio on my PC, It's my favourite audio workstation, and I would like something very similar, but mobile version. I'm talking about an application that you control with the stylus, not your fingers.

If you look at fl studio at the first time, you will see a spaceship control panel-like interface. It would be really hard to navigate through all those functions, so I gathered all those I would need.

1. Pan/Volume knob
2. The volume properties of the instrument.(Delay, attack, release etc)
3. ModX = cutoff frequency

This is the most important part, the piano roll, this is where the melody is composed, and this is why this application will be hard to use with fingers. There won't be any sliders on the screen. Scrolling will be done with the physical keys. I wouldnt want to see any other on screen, just the piano and the space for the notes. Selecting tool and playing the notes would be done by pressing key combinations like P for playing pattern. CTRL + touch for selecting notes. SHIFT+ touch for resizing them. Touch to move them.
Now onto the drums,

Those little boxes are the notes, they dont have controllable pitch. This is an easy way to create a drumloop. That little graph button activates the volume switch for the channel you selected then you can modify the volume for each note.
The app should have some basic samples to work with and should be able to use the sound files on the phone or memory card.

Do you think this is possible with the new phone? Any suggestions?
This would be a SUPER application and it would make great advantage against other phones like the iphone
Garfield2142

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to garfield2142 For This Useful Post: