View Single Post
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by mece View Post
I actually got it compiled on the sdk. It ran, but didn't actually work.
Run it like this $ kupfer --debug

After I fired it up the welcome screen says on left side in an icon: 'Searching Catalog...' and on the right side in an icon 'No action' so I assumed it was parsing my *.desktop metadata or whatever, in any case, took quite a while, so I thought the thing was crapping out. Then I started to read the manual by typing man kupfer (a requirement for a GUI application which tries to simplify workflow!). Clicking on anything does nothing. Instead, one has to type, and the UI gives no feedback about that. Because normally you cannot simply start typing in a UI as presented. Then, once you typed the application, you have to press <enter> to launch it. Hmm, ok. I do like the concept, but usability wise this needs improvements, even on desktop. When I press (or touch) launch it should launch the application. May be a bug though.

Many of the plugins are useless on Maemo, and some stuff has to be changed e.g. to support Maemo Browser.

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post: