View Single Post
Posts: 73 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Virginia
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
what the ****?!?!? do you have any idea what size is aperture 1/2.8 @5mm?!?!? it is about Ø1,8mm. And what about 1/2.8 @ 300mm? it is about Ø107mm.

the physical size of aperture is straightly relative to amount of blur.

and lets take "normal" 50mm. what aperture is similar to the n900's camera module: 50/x = Ø1,8mm -> x = 28. so go ahead and try with dslr @50mm aperture about 1/28 and see how cool the blur effect is....

http://www.dofmaster.com/dofjs.html

absolutely no to the raws and stuff. theres no use for it. buy dslr if you want it. M, Av & Tv (from canon) at maximum.
Obviously if I want blur I should use my DSLR and my f1.2 50mm lens, *but* blur(field of confusion) is also dependent on how close your focus point is to the lens it's self. So if shooting something right up next to the lens in the lens' minimum focus distance one should still be able to create a nice blur effect. And slowly changing the focus to something more in the distance during live video could look quite nice.

I also agree with the RAW capture, seems useless on a 5mp camera phone. Still if you can control the curves and levels when writing it to JPEG it could be very useful.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
I think more manual control over the camera would be nice.

I don't want RAW, but I want to be able to select HQ (low/no compression) or Normal JPG.

And flash control. There seems to be only two settings for flash -- "glaring white-out" or "off". There's gotta be some other settings, no?

The camera has "Tessar 2.8/5.2" on it, what does that all mean?

EDIT: f2.8 at 5.2mm?
I highly doubt there are any more settings for the flash, I believe the LEDs are either on or off, however you could change how long they stay on for during longer flash based exposures.. Oh that reminds me.. Slow sync/Rear curtain sync would be nice to have on a point and shoot.

And yes f2.8 at 5.2mm is what ossipena was saying. Also thanks for the very cool picture, I was unaware of the rolling shutter effect and had to wiki it, very cool for a couple artistic ideas.