View Single Post
Hello guys and gals,

From what I've heard at the London meetup, everyone will get their preordered N900 soon and in preparation (and because I got mine yesterday ) decided to create this thread. The point of this thread should be twofold: a place where new owners can be happy about their shiny (oh yes, it's very shiny) new toy and also a place where prospective buyers can find those all-important first impressions.

Right, so on to my experience so far. The device is definitely starting to show that Nokia is paying it some attention. The build quality is quite good -- I the screen was mildly sticky for the first few minutes, which scared me somewhat, but I think that was due to the screen protector it ships with. Maemo 5 is really very responsive in a real-world test of a few browser windows and some applications running in the background. I really like the overall unified feel of the OS and, especially, how the phone and IM functions are well integrated with the rest of the system.
The keyboard does take some getting used to (and I can't find a way of writing "é" with the UK keyboard), but once you do get used to it it's quite pleasant to work with, inasmuch as a thumb-board can be pleasant to work with.
I have only just given it its first overnight charge so I cannot comment on battery life yet.

This is my first smartphone (quite a step up from my old Nokia 1110) so I have nothing to compare to, but I am definitely pleasantly surprised with it. Overall I can't say my expectations have been let down anywhere.

Finally, a big thanks to Nokia for giving me an early Xmas present!

PS: Questions are very much in the spirit of the thread, but please no whining! There are enough threads full of whining posts. Please do not whine here. Thanks.

Last edited by convulted; 2009-11-18 at 10:05.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to convulted For This Useful Post: