View Single Post
Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Well at the risk of cross posting (sorry) this was the last contact I had earlier

Hmm - just had an email from MPD

I sent them the mail below in response to their infamous "delayed to Dec 3rd" email

Sent: 20 November 2009 10:54
To: sot04
Subject: RE: Your Nokia N900 Order

Hi there,

Thanks for the notice at last, it is good to have a date. Im a bit confused though, as I thought you ran the Nokia Retail side of things?
Im also not very happy at the further delay, is it really going to be that late, the whole point of ordering from you was your advertising, stating that you would be getting it first and also as an exclusive. This is obviously not the case, I can buy it direct from Nokia now for delivery Tuesday, (I have just phoned them.)
Is this message a precautionary message and you might be getting them in earlier, because if not, I may have to cancel my order and order directly from Nokia..

Please advise

M

They have sent back

Sent: 23 November 2009 15:28
To: 'Edgedemon'
Subject: RE: Your Nokia N900 Order

No one will have the handset until the end of the month as there are no handset in the UK yet to despatch.

Do you still wish to keep your order?

Kind regards

I've sent them a mail stating that Nokia have started shipping today so can they explain why they have no stock for another 10 days?

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

The Following User Says Thank You to edgedemon For This Useful Post: