View Single Post
Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
My biggest complaint about some of the testing criteria is they are binary "Yes" or "No" and do not need everyone to check them. Its even worst for optification because that can and has been automated but not integrated into the process (due to adding more time to the promotion process). I feel like its a waste of my time testing for these things. Instead I focus on bugs, being able to get out of the app (Ctrl + Backspace working if nothing else), are there obvious trademark issues (like using Maemo in the name).

For battery I mainly focused on the obvious things like for games should they pause when they are running in the background? When a game is paused and in the background, should it be playing music, doing animations ,etc draining the battery?

I another issue that has been brought up before that I think is on a task list is that some apps need to be removed from Extras Testing. Two examples "Maemo Recorder" renamed to "Recorder" and "Maemo Periodic" renamed to "Copernicum" due to trademarks but both version of the app still appearing.

Though I do admit I need to go back and rate some applications..

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post: