View Single Post
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 498 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Poland
(Please let the old thread die)

I have estabilished a proper project page for Extra Decoders Support (was: Decoders Support).

The purpose of the project is to get some specific missing multimedia formats indexed and supported by the built-in Media Player on the Nokia N900.

I need a couple of things from you now.

The project needs a new, transparent icon, because the one it's using now is just ugly and when I made it transparent it's almost invisible on the dark background ondevice.

I also need translations for the name and description in different languages, so please post your translations here.

XB-Maemo-Display-Name: Extra Decoders Support
XB-Description: Support for additional video and audio decoders in the Media Player

Note to translators: "Extra" doesn't mean "great" in this context, but "additional". And don't worry about moving words around, make it work for your language.

Example in Polish (note the added locale code pl_PL, be sure to include the one for your language):

XB-Maemo-Display-Name-pl_PL: Obsługa dodatkowych dekoderów
XB-Description-pl_PL: Obsługa dodatkowych dekoderów dźwięku i wideo dla wbudowanego Odtwarzacza

Apart from translations and the icon you can donate via PayPal (dominikowskipics@gmail.com) to support the project.

Oh, and I'm aware of the fact that Tracker sometimes dies during installation (no files available in Media Player). You have to wait for Tracker to re-index files, the best way to do this is to turn the phone off and on again (this is actually optional, but somehow makes me feel better ), start the Media Player and wait... wait quite a bit, depending on how large your multimedia collection is. I'm not doing anything evil or unusual with tracker, so I'm not sure what the problem is, any help in this regard is very much appreciated, because it doesn't happen all the time.

Last edited by Tomaszd; 2010-01-21 at 15:42.

The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Tomaszd For This Useful Post: