View Single Post
Originally Posted by convulted View Post
- Most of the time, when I fire up the "Manage Map Repositories" dialog, I find that my list of repositories has been doubled (e.g.: Rep A, Rep B -> Rep A, Rep B, Rep A, Rep B). This behaviour is consistent and seems to happen every time except for the first time I fire up this dialog in a MM session. If I click cancel, the doubled list is not saved.
I've never seen this behavior - you're not pushing the "Download..." button, I presume...

Did the dialog always behave this way, or did it happen after a certain (or uncertain?) event? If the latter, I would try using the "Reset..." button in the dialog and/or gconftool-2 to clear all of your Maemo Mapper settings.. (If the dialog has always duplicated, then this won't have any effect.)

- Google satellite repository stopped working about 5 minutes ago What is happening is that it either leves a black space or uses the Google street JPEG's. Yes, the maps are downloaded in different directories This happened after I played around with the repository settings ("Download Zoom Steps" and "View Zoom Steps") a bit. MM does not complain about the maps not downloading or anything. Weird.
Weird indeed. Did your repo settings get changed during one of the duplication bouts you mentioned earlier? Are you able to fix the problem by tweaking the repo's settings?

Check your repo directory and see if you can find any text files instead of JPEG files. They won't have a text-file extension, so they may be difficult to find. If you know how to use grep, then you can grep the files for the string "<html>". If you find any, the error message contained therein may give a clue to why the repo is messed up. Some users have done this and found error messages indicating that Google has detected them as a "bot" or spammer, in which case Google might have started denying you satellite images. (I don't think this has ever happened with Google's street maps, and I also don't think that the Satellite repo has ever returned Street maps before.)

- I will be going abroad in a few weeks and would like to make decent use of MM. Is there an easy way of downloading all the JPEG's, at particular zoom levels, for an entire selected area? Or do I have to stay going around the whole area at every zoom level?
Use the "Manage Maps" dialog, which allows you to download or delete maps for your current repository. See the Help file for more details.