View Single Post
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Since there still seems to be some representation of N800 and N810 users on the forums as they haven't been scared away completely by the horde of N900 users..

I'm personally wondering what you would like to see happen on OS and community side for your devices. If you're still interested in contributing or just hoping for things to happen, please pitch in, let everyone know you are still here and let's see what projects we can start up.

Please use this form:

* I have a (N800 or N810 or N810W)

* I'm interested to see and use (fill in) on my device

* I'm willing to contribute with (finish the sentence)

* If (fill in) would happen, I would then be able to do (fill in)

For me personally:

* I have a N800 and a N810
* I'm interested to see the community SSU happening and Qt4.6 on my N800 & N810.
* I'm willing to contribute with (rather, I have to): Mer which is much closer in nature to Maemo5 architecture and has a lo-fi desktop and other things I can do as distmaster.
* If this would happen, I would hope we can get permission to recompile some closed source parts of Maemo5 and get it on our N8x0's.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 53 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post: