View Single Post
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Hi everyone,

as some will already know i am learning to code with python and Qt. I have to admit it has been a bit of hard work over the last few days, but today i seem to have mini break throughs

My idea may have already been used, but please bear-in mind that i am learning and each of these little things i am finding useful

My idea is/was a healthcheck app for the N900.
Ignoring the random bits in screenshots that make no sense, i hope you can see what i am aiming to do.

The first screenshot shows:
  • The accelerometer read out (Does it work?)
  • A static image taken from the front camera (Again, even though bad quality, does it work?)

The second image shows the readout from the terminal command dpkg -l.
I'm still to do an awful lot of work - and i know the layout is painful (But very finger friendly - ), the positioning was done by hand today on the n900 - so just guessed at the positioning numbers

Anyway - will use this thread to update people as i go. Havn't done a usual announce thread directly - as well, i'm not sure it will be of use to anyone?

Further pages will hopefully show -
  • Lists of applications installed (Maybe ability to uninstall, not sure yet!)
  • List of repos enabled/disabled
  • System info, such as maemo version and rootfs space free
  • Possibly the ability to run commands such as apt-get clean etc.

Any comments and help would be very much appreciated - will post the code once i have tidied it up. (I have no previous proper knowledge of any of this stuff, just a bit of vb/asp/ada and sql knowledge! - so the coding is awful at the moment, and i havn't labeled things correctly! will do when i get time and near my pc!)

The code depends on having gstreamer installed (And i've read that the x-term code i used probably wasn't right, but works, so will leave it for now.). Happy to post the .py file if anyone fancies venturing into the unknown with me

On a final note, coding on the n900 may not be the easiest thing in the world, but wow it works well!!!
Attached Images

----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Last edited by noobmonkey; 2010-02-15 at 16:42.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post: