View Single Post
Haha...for 2 reasons...

One: I was looking around yesterday and wondering why nobody had done this before as it seemed pretty obvious.

Two: I saw those pictures on flikr earlier here: http://nokia770.com/ but didn't know for sure this is what it was and where the full writeup was.

Very nice job indeed. How difficult would this be for the somewhat-beginner? I know how (well in theory at least) to solder and have soldered stuff before but it never looks _that_ pretty.

To those of you who have been around a nokia 770 for a while- is there a downside to this? I figured Nokia HAD to have a good reason not to have just done this from the getgo? The only one i could think of was in case people plugged in two power sources at the same time but they could have easily fixed that by just using a USB for data and charger instead of what it has now.

edit: Oooh I just had an idea. I've seen a lot of talk about people having to use powered hubs to get usb devices to work. Would it be possible to send power from the power connector leads to the USB port to send power to USB connected devices? I'm guessing you couldn't do both mods at once, huh?

Last edited by robbh66; 2007-06-28 at 20:41.