View Single Post
Hey!
I experience the same identical problem.
I bought a n900 from amazon.com which arrived yesterday.
First, it booted. then I powered it off, inserted the sim, and tried to start it up. It asked me the pin of the sim and then It did not startup anymore.
When I connect it to the usb I can see it as mass storage.
It seems not charge when I connect it to the power.
Suggestion???

Originally Posted by lsolano View Post
Hi.

I've received my n900 yesterday.

I charged it, placed my SIM and battery and everything went just fine. As I needed to finish my day, I placed back my SIM into my E71.

This morning I placed back the SIM into my n900, and sadly, it does not start up.

When I try to turn it on, it vibrates, and shows the nokia blue logo over a white background. Then, on the screen it's shown an animation, kind of 5 dots flashing.

And then, nothing else happens.

If I plug it into my computer (USB) y can even see the default files in it (images for example). Also, I could copy a jpeg into .images.

I called nokia and they suggested me to take the battery out, then try to turn it on to drain any charge on the phone, then I charged it for like an hour and nothing happened.

I'm afraid battery is not being charged properly. Is there any sign when battery is being charged? The manual says an indicator blinks when charging but I don't see anything. However if the battery was completely empty, how can it be that the logo is shown ?

Any help appreciated!