View Single Post
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
I got finally git working (after I remembered that the public key at gitorious was 2 reflashes too old)

http://gitorious.org/vertsms

Now I have 3 problems:

-how can I get the contact chooser to output a number from contact's sms -field?

-what would be the best way to implement a timer for text input? ("aa","ab" etc not possible for now because there is no timeout)

-what is wrong with sending sms? the number is btw mine so before you press send, please edit the string
I am 100% sure it worked before but since I cleaned the code a lot and reorganized some stuff, it doesn't work anymore...

dbus-monitor reports nothing but print statements @ the code confirms that the code is ran and no errors appear.

future plans: when I get those 3 working, I start to learn packaging and try to get the app to extras-devel. then I create an announcement thread to M5 and see if there is interest to beta-test plus giving comments for improvements.

and one more known bug: no backspace key. got working function for it, only thing missing is the button plus signal to UI
I had the same idea some weeks ago, but still not enough time to start programming. Nice to see somebody else doing it.

So, if you program it with qt, I have some ideas to solve some of your problems.

1. Sry, but this is too maemo-specific, but I think the new mobile-apis of qt should give you help: http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2010...y-100-package/

2. I would start a QTimer after pressing a button and only accept new presses on the same button, if it was enough ms ago.

3. No idea, because I didn't tried your app.

Also, another idea on the "char-problem" -> You can call the function "yourbutton->setText("aString")", if you are in the sms-writing field, and set there the chars instead of the keys. If you are in the Number-field, you can set the Numbers as Text for the buttons.

Ahhh, sry,

I've just seen, that you use gtk as a GUI-Toolkit, but I'll post this anyway in the hope to help you a little bit.