View Single Post
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
You may or may not know that the "Maemo Community" have a "Council" that has as its tag line:

"The Maemo Community Council is a five-person body chosen by the Maemo community. The Council's mission is to "represent the Maemo community's best interests to Nokia, and to act as a community conduit for Nokia-generated information."

Link: http://wiki.maemo.org/Community_Council

I've been pretty open about how ineffective and impotent I find this structure to be (horrible project management, even worse communication, ineffective in most (all?) issues it takes on, questionable how issues are being prioritized and how they 'get resolved', etc).

The current state of the forum (mis-managed moderation, poor communication in it about what is actually being worked on between Council and Nokia (if anything), etc) have at least for me re-ignited this question: Who would miss the Council if they were gone?

Now, I don't want this to be a discussion about how I feel about this but rather I am simply curious if I am the only one here who feels this way. And IF I am, I can promise you I will never air these feelings again...
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-08-11 at 01:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to silvermountain For This Useful Post: