View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
You have a right to be scared about the charger issue... and I feel as if it's a mixed blessing to have a removable battery - yes, you can remove it, charge it that way (a plus) but you have to buy an external charger for it and you can't use your phone while it's charging (a negative).

I, for one, couldn't keep a phone that for periods of time per day - the battery life on the N900 is on the shorter end of the spectrum too - that I cannot answer nor make telephone calls. That's really unacceptable.

And that I have to go out and buy an external charger for my house, car, probably office or carry it around with me at all places and nobody's mentioned if there is any wear and tear on removing your battery latch/back part once/twice/thrice a day to charge a phone... seriously, that is as cumbersome of a workaround as you could get. Might as well get a different phone at that rate if that scares you.

I also have the Captivate, AT&T variant of the Samsung Galaxy S... it's a good phone; just not great. Missing the hardware keyboard, but feeling secure its microUSB, it also has a removable battery, but has only a virtual keyboard. Swype makes up for it not having a physical keyboard, quite a bit actually; but the N900 still wins in that aspect.

As the others in the thread have stated, your other phone choices leave plenty to be desired; read: avoid them.

Albeit a "legendary", "awesome", "best ever" device, the N900's microUSB problem is not easily overlooked and if you have concerns, I'd suggest looking elsewhere and obtain your refund if you can.