View Single Post
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
I bought mine under the section of 'phone,' from the expansys website. So retailers think it is a phone, who cares what a bunch of rubbish techies at Nokia want to call it. You call it what you want based on what you use it for, though smartphone is a better description.

I also call it a phone because it isn't a computer.

My pocket computer is Dell Axim x50 Pocket PC from 6 years ago, was half the price of the N900, is more powerful at computing. Came with a 624 MHz chip and had a word processor that worked. Contacts worked. I turn it on and it works, I load software and they run, I plug it in and it charges, I play games and they don't crash. There are games, I can go online and buy games and software for it. (even today) and it multitasks.

My N900 struggles with all of the above (yes even the turning on)

The N900 is either a bad phone, with other features or a really low powered and poorly performing pocket computer.

I would accept it is a multi media device. When it remembers what an .AVI is, it can play media much better than my Dell axim.

Originally Posted by shazosbourne View Post
In a nutshell, the Nokia Australia website calls it a touchscreen mobile computer.
If I ever get fined by the police for ("using a mobile phone") changing a playlist in my car using the fm transmitter, I will take it to court and win on the basis of it not being a mobile phone.
No, me thinks you would be done for 'dangerous driving', 'driving without due care and attention' and being a muppet.

Anti-Nokia Ambassador