View Single Post
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
No it is not. I don't want to clone KP but to enhance it. And btw extras-devel IS for software one takes risk to have broken system if installs SW from it. Read the wiki. And how is current (v47) better when it is breaking userland functionality (battery readings) . I am sure you have missed my point, don't like the other options.

So in case I have been unclear - I am trying to allow n900 users to be able to play/record 720p video on their devices. dspbridge driver upgrade is just first step. gstreamer-dsp, gstreamer-openmax, libbridge, omapfb - those are userland packages which have to be upgraded/installed too. I still don't have them packaged for upload to extras-devel , that is why I said that kernel patch should not be included in KP until those parts are ready. It does not mean it will burn you,your house or your n900 if installed, OK? And I think it is always better if anyone else but me is able to test/evaluate such huge patch, that is why I attach zip file here. Once I am ready with above mentioned packages(assuming there is kernel support) I plan to talk with MAG/nicolai to implement support for 720p in OMP and CUI2 respectively. But all this depends on kernel, agree?

I saw you recently become a part of CSSU team, well, tell me, should we hang MAG for including QT 4.7.2 with broken raster renderer in CSSU and breaking most of QT apps?

I really appreciate your efforts and hard work of being maintainer of KP and part of CSSU team, please, respect my work too.
If we can provide correct update dependences and it will be tested that it works, then there is no problem.

But I need know this: What happends if I update only kernel with dsp patches? It is possible to boot phone (but all videos will be closed/crashed)?

And for bq27x00_battery module: This modele is not in default stock Nokia kernel. So it does not break anythink...

PS: please responce/send me message by email. This thread is now big and I can loose your posts!

Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
It says that it needs to uninstall "multiboot-kernel-power" That's not good is it?
Yes this is good. Kerne power boot image has own support for multiboot (it does not depends on other packages).

Originally Posted by aligatro View Post
Well I just wanted to play with my microdia webcam :P.
and I just remembered that driver is in mainstream since 2.6.31. but maemo's kernel is older. However, I have a git link for module source for older kernels, if you can compile it for power kernel that would be great. Thanks.

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...a-driver-draft
Sorry I do not have time to backporting drivers from new version... If you can provide me patch which backport it I can include it in new version.

Last edited by pali; 2011-05-04 at 08:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post: