View Single Post
A weird and funny way to get the 770 to connect if there are N wifi access points nearby is:

* manually configure your wifi connection without depending on the device scanning to access points
* when you want to connect to the network click on the connection icon, go to 'selection connection' and right away hug the tablet against your chest for about 13 seconds, then take a look at the listed APs. Yours should be listed there. If any evil wifi radio waves made it through your hands you might have to repeat the process again.
* very quickly repeat the "hug maneuver" again for about 5 more seconds, uncover the tablet and watch your n770 using wifi in 2023!

Other folks have reported success using steel pots to hide the table while is scanning. I have no idea why this "works" but all my 3 770s are running just fine.

There is another solution which consists on setting up a Dummy connection and manually setting up wifi, but this requires having connectivity first to download a few software packages.

Check out the bugzilla ticket about this n770 issue that I am afraid will never be fixed at all.

People around you will think that you love your Nokia devices at lot if you follow this method.

-l

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nmdv For This Useful Post: