View Single Post
I've been thinking really hard lately....I think I've found a nice solution to using diagonals on the keypad. Instead of having Up+right or Up+left commands, I think it would be much better/wiser if some one implemented the idea of having two right and left buttons so that button layout would be like this (I'm terrible at explaining)....My idea layout:

LEFT UP RIGHT
LEFT DOWN RIGHT

Q W E
A S D

Q=Left, W=Up, E=Right
A=Left, S=Down, D=Right

if someone was to allow user to make such a layout gaming commands would be much easier and precise, I dont want to make a long post so to make things short. The above layout would make movements in fighters like SF2 and also 3d adventures like supermario much more precise and accurate and would require less keys to configure. Lets face it, take for example short hopping/jumping in KOF or MvC...tapping a key already assigned to UP+Right wouldn't allow you to perform such a task...with the above layout you can tap / hold down Up and Right to short hop accurately enough. All one has to do is imagine the above layout on the keypad and compare it to the below layout and reason which concept would be more ideal to implement....I thought this up while playing a variety of emulated games and imagining how practical the controls would be to implement on the n900 since it lacks diagonals...

general idea everyone has

UP+LEFT UP UP+RIGHT
LEFT DOWN RIGHT
DOWN+LEFT DOWN+RIGHT

Also It would be an even more grand idea if the concept of .MACROS' were implemented in the mobile emulators since it would allow users to manually assign their own custom commands to any one key press...for example the user would manually be able to assign the command Down+Right+A+B (the shinkou hadouken command) to the 'enter' button on the keypad....and allow users to save their custom configurations to seperate files and conveniently load em for each game.

Last edited by SavageD; 2010-01-24 at 16:33.