View Single Post
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by nonsuch View Post
^ Will take a look, but it's not my area of expertise.

Thanks for your long report.
Forgive my incredulity, but:

Phone calls & SMS have been notoriously tricky for all FOSS smartphone OS development, and you do not mention them at all in your report.
Now you say they're "good" - can you clarify? Good = 100% reliable as a daily and only mobile phone?

Also, how good is battery life exactly?
I get just about 2 days out of my SFOS device, with an old battery.
It has a reasonable sound quality, still some backround noise but that might be fixed in software, calls work probably 99% of the time, reliable incoming wakeup works better than the N900, SMS in and out every time as far as I know. Good as in unremarkable, nothing bad to say. The biggest requirement is to occasional check that the phone didnt kernel-panic, reboot, and get stuck at the password prompt for full disc encryption; that is a problem when it is in a pocket vs on my desk where I will see the reboot.

MMS is in the pipe for Purism -> phosh -> and then forked on to the other OSs I suppose. https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=12456

Battery is probably only good for a day right now. I am the kind of person who did a double-Scud N900 battery and for non-linux users I recommend a Moto G7 power flashed with LineageOS and microG which seems to get 4-5 days. Work is being done on Mobian Pinephone battery life and it is a long way form the 3-4 hours possible years ago.

Last edited by biketool; 2022-04-07 at 10:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: