View Single Post
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
That was very annoying for me too while i was using stock android for a while. There are ways to raise the amount of attempts as i read, only i never tried.

But Sailfishs inability to wake the device from FP-Reader fixes this behaviour

On sfos you have to first wake via power button and then just roll down your thumb to nicely hit the reader below the button while in Portrait. Works very reliable now for me. With other fingers it is less convenient since you usually want to unlock while in a car mount or such. So you do not see the FP reader but need to move from the PW-button to it blindly which sometimes take a while to master.

The placement seems to be a feature tho since it is most convenient to unlock when you wake the phone by opening the KBD to landscape and then use the index finger, which in my case is exactly long enough to hit the FP-reader behind the angled screen comfortably and exact while the hands are in regular "holding" position!
But since i did not send finger length data to F(x)tec at any point it might be coincidence
Exactly my experience with SFOS too, both for landscape and portrait.

Also, I love the sleeve. I know you've been through a lot of complaints when it was offered as a replacement for the protective case that was once planned (but proved inconvenient with the hinge), but I'm glad that you guys came up with this sleeve. It is clear it doesn't suit everyone's needs, many people don't even use it, but I sure am happy I have mine. It saved my Proš from ending up like Mosen's. :>

Last edited by Kabouik; 2020-09-02 at 23:14.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post: