View Single Post
Originally Posted by alfmar View Post
SEAL DEVICE: you seem to ignore that blocking even the last bit of airflow eases overheating.
a rugged device is a must for many people. just because YOU don't want doesn't mean others need it.

OMAP44xx or MEDFIELD: yes, a bit of extra computing power is always welcome. But it has a price (money and battery and possible hardware/software problems). Did you overclock your N900, didn't you? What about 1150MHz vs 600MHz? Did the "almost doubling" double your "user experience"?
yes. let's not use better and newer components, with that mentality your N900 could have a 1Mhz cpu. There's a reason why manufacturers actually improve the devices with more computing power.

128-256Gb: I stored my entire MP3 collection on the N900 and still have some gigabytes for placing movies and anime (which I delete after watching: do I actually need already-seen movies on my phone every day?)
My entire MP3 collection has 372Gb. Just because your collection is small doesn't mean others want more storage. Also if you don't need movies others will want that.

HDMI, DACs, SPDIF: how many times in a day you *need* video output capabilities from the N900?
4 times a day for me. I want that capability. I'm sure many others want it too.

MicroUSB 3.0: how many times in a day you *need* USB3 peripherals?
at least 3 times a day. work related.

MicroSHXC UHS-1: how many N900 owners bought a microSD to enlarge those 32Gb internal flash?
I've 2 32gb micro sdhc plus 2 16gb sdhc.

Wifi-N, HSPA+: what is the medium file size that you transfer on your N900 (except for movies)?
6mb, often transferring +100 files.

STOP. don't be narrowminded. just because you don't need doesn't mean others want. If we all acted like you we would still have black and white TV's and 286 cpus.
Stick with your N900. Me and many others will buy the N950. don't rant about it.