View Single Post
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
My question is, what sort of GUI design capability do we have (via Python) without the SDK?
You just have to code the GUI calls yourself instead of using Qt-Designer. It's more of a pain but still doable.

Have a look here:

http://zetcode.com/tutorials/pyqt4/firstprograms/

All of those are self-contained examples that do all of the drawing and layout right in the code.. instead of importing it from a pyuic4 created py from a UI file.

Obviously.. designing a UI inside Qt-Designer and using pyuic4 is extremely recommended for heavier duty windows.

You actually don't need the SDK at all.. on any machine that runs QT Designer you can use that, then use pyuic4 to convert it to a py and send it to your N900.. then code your main app on your N900 using that py file as a module to be imported.

I did all development of pypianobar in my sig using VIM. Some (myself included) would call that masochistic and crazy.. but I was too lazy to setup an IDE environment and VIM gave me syntax highlighting and indenting.. which is all I needed.

Technically.. that could have all been done on the device itself.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Last edited by fatalsaint; 2010-02-07 at 22:28.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post: