View Single Post
Originally Posted by Kalatti View Post
Second update:

I have tried many applications, it shows that this system had a great variety of applications of all kinds and users who requested them. The visual style of the applications is very different from other systems, it makes you go back to the past. There are quite a few applications that cause the phone to freeze, especially the sound applications. This may be due to a hardware failure, I don't know.

I like that there are even applications to 'hack': HaCkMe, Codez4Palm, HackMaster ...

I have also liked some games like Bang!, Bzzz, Dropairs or Zap!2016 (the latter reminds me of a similar Nokia/Symbian game).

I managed to connect the phone to the Internet using a cable connected to my PC and the Softick PPP program. However, I could not navigate with the PalmOS browser or Opera Mini (Java version). I could only use one application well: GoogleMaps (amazing!).

Third update:

Nostalgia sometimes makes us believe that things from before were better, but this is not always the case. I have been using this phone and this operating system for a few days, and the truth is that I thought it would be a magical experience, but it has not been. However, comparing PalmOS and current systems would not be fair. In 2006/2007 I remember entertaining myself with Nokia phones, like the Nokia N70 and the N95. I was a kid and everything, simple as it was, seemed wonderful on the phones. I think that PalmOS was a very advanced system in its time, I honestly believe that PalmOS was more complete than S60, the Symbian of that time. I didn't know that much about systems that year, but I think that Nokia's system was simpler and that it failed less (perhaps because it was less complete).

It is difficult for me to compare the systems of that time, what do you think? Which was the best system (in 2006/2007): PalmOS, Symbian or BlackBerryOS?
I would go with Symbian from that list. I always knew that PalmOS needed a ways to go to really be a contender, so I didn't waste any time going to WebOS as soon as it came out, but that was 2009, so wouldn't make your list. Never much of a Blackberry fan... If Windows Mobile was on your list, I would say that. I think at least WM6 was out by then. I still remember my HTC Apache and Touch Pro...

Last edited by levone1; 2021-04-14 at 18:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to levone1 For This Useful Post: