View Single Post
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Illinois
Geneven -- I'm probably not going to go back to starving, or even going to try it. I had used "ideal" previously, and didn't see a huge improvement in battery life while in "starving," which I thought was its purpose, but please correct me if this is wrong.

One question that you probably can answer is this: when I went through the flashing tutorial, it mentioned running the .bin file that wipes the eMMC memory as part of the flash process.

I didn't do this, and just flashed the PR 1.3 file which kept the files I had on the device. Is there any real advantage other than obviously starting fresh to running that eMMC .bin file to wipe your internal memory?

Also, as part of flashing the PR 1.3 .bin file, obviously, all my app icons were not there anymore, although, I am wondering -- would there be any way to access root folders that might contain a list of the apps I had installed pre-flash, and possibly the install files still being in those folders?

I have just been re-installing everything through fapman, but I would definitely like an easier way to restore to pre-flash if it is possible.