View Single Post
@chemist, I would love to enhance sfos-upgrade, but unfortunately your post does not contain anything specific or at least pointers to specific information. So, currently it just appears to be unsubstantiated to me.

Specifically:

Originally Posted by chemist View Post
[...]
For starters, "installed apps" may cause dependency issues that get resolved by doing a "version --dup" even before you attempt to do anything else.
Yes, just as updating at the GUI: this is no difference, unavoidable and O.K.

Setting the release version with ssu and using version leaves out sanity checks the gui-updater does.
Which are?
Do you think I missed any in sfos-upgrade?

Rebooting the system is properly done with dsmetool on cli or gui only, all other variants you may know from desktop computers may work in most circumstances and brick your devices in others (like never use "reboot" on SFOS cli especially not after an upgrade).
Can you provide a little reasoning for your statement?
It sounds like FUD, as Jolla suggests to use reboot after upgrading SFOS at the CLI (e.g. here and at other places) and it just invokes systemd's reboot target, AFAICS.

If there was something wrong with the upgrade and you fail to recognize it you may brick your device and keep both pieces.
Well, this is always the case, regardless how an SFOS upgrade is performed, like "if there was something wrong with your food and you fail to recognize it, you may die".

There should be a comprehensive list of stop-releases on together.
No, not on TJC, but the correct link has been provided multiple times in this thread, already.

I could go on fo hours writing up what you can and should not do, what is save to assume and append a beginners guide - oh wait, did most of that on tjc (together by jolla https://together.jolla.com/).
Unfortunately searching TJC did not provide any relevant postings from you addressing SFOS ugrades at the CLI.
Can you please provide a web link or really start "writing up what you can and should not do, [and] what is save to assume"?
Thanks!

Last edited by olf; 2019-04-11 at 19:04.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post: