Thread: [SailfishOS] WhoGo Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 141 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Finland
Thanks pichlo for the detailed feedback.

Many of the things discussed relate to OSM Scout or online APIs, which from my point of view just are how they are, and some nice to have details, I'll just pick a couple things to reply to.

Speed limits
This has come up before and my opinion remains that I don't want to show unreliable data, in particular showing a higher speed limit than actual. The bar on that data is high. At least OpenStreetMap speed limit data is not good enough.

Back on the topic of things on the screen, I have noit figured out what the number under the current speed is supposed to represent. At first I thought it was the elevation, but that seems unlikely, given it shows figures like 3.3 yd.
That's the positioning accuracy. Maybe I could try adding a diameter symbol "⌀" there? I know many map apps render a circle around the position icon and that would be possible now with Mapbox GL, but I don't like covering the map with such pulsating junk, it makes looking at maps indoors unpleasant.

I said earlier that the animations are smooth and so they are, but the little symbol that shows your position keeps jumping forward and back. It looks like it is moving along the map and when too far, then the whole map including the symbol is jerked back. It is not too distracting but noticeable.
It should be recentering at same frequency as GPS sends positioning data, and for me it has seemed smooth, but might vary by device? It is technically though as you describe, I'll check if some reordering or animation skipping could make it effectively so that the position icons stays put and the map moves.

Please consider a wider range of map scale in Preferences. 0.5 to 2.0 seems more logical than 0.5 to 1.5.
Ah, OK, yes, will consider. It was meant for finetuning in case the DPI detection is a bit off, but maybe if you look at the screen from afar, you'll need a bit more and that should be doable.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to otsaloma For This Useful Post: